There’s nothing better – or easier to make – than a great roast beef. This recipe has a peppery, herbaceous crust with a juicy, tender inside. And it requires almost no work with only 5 minutes of prep time and about an hour of cook time.
Just rub the outside of the beef with crushed black peppercorns, chopped fresh basil, thyme, rosemary, minced garlic and coarse salt. For the meat, you can use anything from beef eye of round roast, to bottom round roast or sirloin tip roast.
It’s cheap, delicious and will make you look like a pro chef.
Scroll through through the photos below for step-by-step directions for how to make this garlic herb-crusted roast beef.
- 2-1/2 pounds beef eye of round roast
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse salt