Football season is back! Let the gameday parties commence! Whether you’re headed to a potluck or creating a feast of finger foods and snacks, it’s important to bring something unique to the table. A good gameday feast pulls together the holy trinity of football flavor: spicy, salty and an unholy amount of cheese. Calories don’t count on gameday.
These spicy mini bacon cheese balls are a triple threat guaranteed to satisfy all your party guests’ cravings, with all the flavors and spice of jalapeño poppers dialed up a notch with the addition of bacon and toasted pecans for a salty crunch. A pretzel in each ball makes a lollipop-like snack that’s as fun to make as it is to eat. They’re worth letting your diet slide.
Scroll through the photos below for step-by-step directions on how to make these spicy mini bacon cheese balls.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 18 pretzel sticks