If having a “night in” had an official dish it would be pizza. It’s easy, there’s minimal prep and minimal cleanup, and you can share it with friends (or not).
But if you want to class up your night in, add buttery chunks of lobster, savory bacon, tangy shallots, and lots and lots of savory cheese to your pizza.
*This recipe is courtesy of The Food Channel.
- 1 pizza dough, prepared
- 3 lobster tails
- 5 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 minced shallot
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Preparing the lobster
- 1 Boil lobster tails in salted water until bright red and meat is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 2 Drain and let cool.
- 3 With kitchen shears, cut away the membrane from the tail and discard the intestinal vein.
- 4 Chop lobster meat and set aside.
Prepare pizza toppings
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to crisp.
- 3 Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels.
- 4 Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- 5 In the same skillet, sauté the shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes, add spinach, and sauté until it wilts.
- 6 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 7 To the same skillet, add the butter and cook over medium heat until it browns.
- 8 Whisk browned bits on the bottom of the skillet and remove from heat.
- 9 Stir in parsley, thyme and crushed red pepper.
- 10 Drizzle half of butter mixture over reserved lobster and toss to coat.
Assembling the pizza
- 1 Spread the pizza dough with remaining butter mixture. Spread dollops of sun-dried tomato pesto and half of reserved spinach.
- 2 Top that with half the cheese, remaining spinach, lobster chunks and then the rest of the cheese.
- 3 Sprinkle on the bacon.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is golden.