When it comes to summertime day drinking, you can never go wrong with a classic margarita. But sometimes you just want to change things up. And for times like those, skip the beer and the rosé and go with, well, another margarita.
This twist on America’s favorite frozen cocktail packs a mighty big kick from habanero peppers (somewhere between 100,000 to 350,000 on the Scoville Head Index, but don’t worry – you can remove the seeds). But the soothing effects of the ice, lime and cucumber will cool you right down.
There’s nothing better than sipping a drink that will heat you up and cool you down at the same time – well, except for maybe sipping such a drink in a perfectly temperate pool.
- 8 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces Cointreau
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 pinch Tajin chili (can substitute coarse sea salt)
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 lime wedges
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 habañero chili
- 4 cups ice
- 1 Wash all fresh ingredients.
- 2 Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds.
- 3 Cut the habañero in half, and remove the seeds.
- 4 Squeeze the limes to make a fresh juice.
- 5 Mix the ingredients with ice and blend until forming a frozen drink.
- 6 Rim a glass with salt and Tajin and pour in frozen margarita.