One part bacon. One part candy. One part tang. Brown sugar Sriracha bites are the snack food holy trinity, bridging the gap between the worlds of sweet, savory and spicy. You bite into these and they bite back!
They’re quick and easy to make, and their bite size makes them easy to transport, making them the perfect to-go snack or cocktail party appetizer.
- 1/4 cup Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 10 thick-cut bacon slices, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325°F. Stir together the Sriracha and brown sugar in a medium bowl; add the bacon pieces, and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2 Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; place a wire rack over the foil. Spray the rack liberally with cooking spray. Place the bacon pieces in a single layer on the rack.
- 3 Bake the bacon until almost crisp, about 45 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, sprinkle the bacon evenly with the toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds.
- 4 Remove from the oven, and cool for 5 to 8 minutes, moving the bacon pieces slightly on the rack every 2 minutes to prevent sticking. (The bacon will crisp more as it cools.)