Breadsticks come in a variety of shapes, sizes and consistencies. Some are small and crispy, while others are long, soft and warm. Sometimes they’re served alongside salad as a way to slowly enjoy soup broth, or even as an accompaniment for charcuterie. No matter which way you like to indulge in breadsticks, we can all agree that they help enhance the dining experience, which is why so many restaurants serve a basket of breadsticks before every meal. We always say that we don’t want to fill up on breadsticks, but it’s hard to resist carb-loading on warm, gooey hunks of buttery bread.
This recipe is an easy way to add breadsticks to your meal – no preparing dough necessary. Just use prepackaged pizza dough, olive oil, salt and rosemary and you’ve got a fragrant appetizer or side in no time. The little twist gives these breadsticks some pizzaz and style. Your dinner guests will think you made them from scratch!
- 1 13.8-ounce container refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary (roughly 2 tablespoons chopped)
- Kosher salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3 Roughly chop rosemary. In a small bowl, combine chopped rosemary and olive oil.
- 4 Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough and lay it out on a cutting board. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1-1/2" wide strips. Note: Do not separate the strips yet -- leave them in the same place for the next step.
- 5 Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil and rosemary mixture over the cut strips.
- 6 Twist each strip and transfer to the baking sheet.
- 7 Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bread sticks are golden brown. Transfer the breadsticks from the baking sheet to a basket and serve warm.