What’s better than sweet, succulent lobster meat lightly tossed with mayo and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, all piled in a buttery split-top toasted bun? Indulging in this over-the-top New England favorite is a must. This recipe is courtesy of The Food Channel, and they’ve customized this lobster roll with crunchy celery and scallions, finishing with a drizzle of warm butter.
For a simpler take on this recipe, the lobster filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Don’t skip the butter-toasted bun step when assembling your lobster roll – it is key to this recipe!
- 10 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 2 to 4 tablespoons high quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- As needed warm clarified butter
- 1 Remove the meat from lobsters; roughly chop into large bite-size pieces.
- 2 In a bowl, combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, scallions, salt and black pepper; stir to blend.
- 3 Using a serrated knife, slice outer edges off each bun. Spread butter on cut sides of each roll. Toast, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
- 4 Spoon lobster mixture evenly into toasted buns.
- 5 Drizzle lightly with melted butter and dive in!