Anybody can make make a solid burger or throw a hot dog on a grill, but when it comes to ribs, you’ve got to be a grillmaster. Or at least that’s what most people think.
The truth is, that making ribs are way easier than they look. And most of the time – like for this recipe – the majority of the cooking is actually done in the oven.
These cola-slathered ribs are sweet, tangy and incredibly easy to make. Most of the work is done in the kitchen – boiling, then baking. Finally, you finish them off on the grill for 10 minutes, turning often to avoid burning the sauce.
Not only is the taste sure to impress, you’ll look like a boss turning those ribs over and over on a flaming grill.
- 6 pounds beef (or pork) ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 2 – 4 litres Coca cola
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with Coke. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2 Pre-heat oven to 300F.
- 3 Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Place ribs on a grill pan and baste with half the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
- 4 Pre-heat BBQ grill for 10 minutes. Cook about 10 minutes while flipping and basting on each side until ribs are crisp. Watch carefully; they will burn very easily.