New Years Eve: It’s the last hurrah of the holiday season, and after almost two solid months of making food for potlucks, family dinners and holiday get-togethers, you may be running out of ideas of quick and easy dishes to bring. But you can never go wrong with warm artichoke dip.
With this classic appetizer, you’re simultaneously serving up something warm and savory for the party while staying sane because it’s quick and easy to prepare. For dipping, serve with vegetables, crackers, chips, or even grilled white meat or white fish.
If you’re hoping to get a head start on your New Year’s resolution to lose weight then substitute the cream cheese and sour cream with reduced-fat products. If you have any leftovers, this dip makes a great spread for a sandwich or bagel.
Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel.
- 1 13.75 ounce can of artichoke hearts packed in water, chopped
- 1 cup best quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese (save some to sprinkle on top)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 4 ounce can chopped mild green chilies (optional, but recommended)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- 3 Pour into a lightly buttered rectangular baking dish and sprinkle lightly with extra shredded Parmesan.
- 4 Bake on the center oven rack for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- 5 Serve with wedges of garlic naan, or good old corn chips.