How much cheese is too much cheese? With the Ménage à Cinq grilled cheese sandwich, there are no limits. This grilled cheese sandwich melts together mozzarella, Muenster, pepper jack, and provolone into one mega-cheese. Pull a millennial and throw in some avocado and you’ve got a grilled cheese sandwich that will make you forget about not investing in real estate.
To bring out more of the flavor of the Ménage à Cinq grilled cheese sandwich, pair it with a light, refreshing lager.
This recipe is courtesy of Kevin VanBlarcum & James Edward Davis, authors of The Grilled Cheese & Beer Cookbook, a cookbook dedicated to pairing inventive grilled cheese sandwiches with beer.
- 3 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Muenster cheese
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 Grease one side of each slice of bread and place in a pan on medium heat, greased side down.
- 2 Cover all three slices with cheese (in no particular order).
- 3 Once the cheese is melted, put avocado on two slices.
- 4 Put together and enjoy!