Too lumpy, too watery, too sticky – finding the perfect emulsion for mashed potatoes, cream and butter makes this seemingly simple side a challenge. But with this recipe courtesy of The Food Channel, you’ll get rich and fluffy mashed potatoes every time.
*Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half, warmed
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Put potatoes into a saucepan. Add water until potatoes are covered.
- 2 Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain thoroughly.
- 3 Rice potatoes into a large bowl.
- 4 Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly blended. Serve warm.